First time here? See the original post for the run down.

Monday, January 17, 2011

day 14: momma

Today I'm appreciating my momma. Yes, I'm 25 and I still call her momma. I have no real way to measure the trials my mother underwent to keep her children in her life. It's a feat I hope I will never have to recreate despite it being a show of great strength and incredible resolve. I don't want to go into detail in the interest of her own privacy, but I wanted it to be today's appreciation because I decided to finally respond to an email from my father after a long time trying to find the right words. The right words never really came, so I made due with that I could piece together from what I was feeling. It may be the last message I ever send to him.

   Times like these weigh down on you. It's a heavy feeling of loss, being without a father. Today I can deal with it a little better because I remember that I have someone in my life who really did do anything and everything because they loved me. It was harder to understand and appreciate that as a child. Now it seems to be pretty clear. To my momma, I love you. Thanks for being strong. Thanks for always doing better than anyone could have expected, even when you felt you were making mistakes. You are a remarkable lady.

Day 14, week 2, in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment